The colorful and nostalgic trend has been all over web-based social networking, most notably in photos of celebrities and influencers in matching wholesale tie dye loungewear sets. But it doesn’t stop there. Sneakers, t-shirts, yoga pants, bathing suits—everything is getting the tie-dye treatment.
In the event that you’ve been trying to get your hands on tie-dye apparel, you may have noticed that it is often either sold out or over the top expensive (some matching sets go for many dollars). Fortunately, just like you may have done in year’s past at day camp, you can create your own tie-dye clothing at home.
The best clothes to tie dye
There are a couple of things you will want to remember while shopping for clothes to tie-dye. White clothing will produce the shade of the dye from the bottle while hued clothing will produce a shading somewhere close to the shade of clothing and the dye. In the event that you choose a clothing item that’s a mix of natural and synthetic fibers, similar to 50 percent cotton and 50 percent polyester, it will most likely take a portion of the dye but the shading won’t be as bright.
How to tie-dye
1. Purchase your tie-dye kit or supplies
A tie-dye kit isn’t important to have a fruitful tie-dye project, and you can purchase all the supplies separately. But the advantage of a tie-dye kit is that it incorporates everything you need, which is great on the off chance that you don’t want to experience the problem of looking and purchasing every item separately.
2. Pre-wash your clothing item
On the off chance that you purchase another item, make certain to pre-wash it. Pre-washing helps evacuate a portion of the chemical treatments put on texture during manufacturing, which can prevent dye absorption or cause lopsidedness.
3. Gather your materials and prep the surface
You will want to have everything you need set-up before you start, so you’re not hurrying to get something while your hands are shrouded in dye. Spread out a plastic tarp or garbage bag to protect the surface you are chipping away at from getting dye on it. Spot multiple sheets of paper towel down to assimilate extra dye (or an old towel if it’s all the same to you it will get stained). Make a point to wear old clothes that could get stained and gloves to prevent staining your hands.
4. Choose between dry dye and wet dye
You can start with your clothing item wet or dry, they both work but will produce different looks. Dry dyeing makes the shading increasingly vibrant, the dye spreads less and will have more definition around the edges. It likewise requires more dye. With wet dyeing, the hues will be less saturated and “drain” more which implies the edges will be less characterized. On the off chance that you are wet dyeing, start with a moist item, not splashing wet.
5. Get creative and plan ahead
The beauty of wholesale tie dye yoga pants is that the manner in which it glances can turn out a wide range of ways, contingent upon how you tie and where you put the dye, so plan ahead of time. Here are a few things you’ll want to plan ahead:
- Plan what hues you want to use. A significant number of these kits accompany multiple hues and you can use every one of them or just a couple of your favorites.
- On the off chance that you want profound dull hues or less saturated shading. In the event that you add more water to your dye the resulting shading will be lighter.
6. Time to dye
- Mix the dye as indicated by the instructions.
- Use rubber bands or ties to create stripes, whirls, or whatever pattern you want. In case you’re an amateur you might want to practice your technique on a piece bit of texture to perceive how it will come out beforehand.
- When you have everything tied, press the dye in the region you want to dye. It’s best to include a limited quantity of dye, perceive how it spreads, and include more if necessary.
- Repeat until you are finished.
- After you are done, spread your tie-dye project with plastic or put it in a plastic bag. Be cautious that the hues don’t run together. Let this sit for 6 to 24 hours, the dye will turn out progressively vibrant the more it sits.
- At the point when time is up, flush your item thoroughly until the water runs clear.
- Wash your garment on its own a couple of times to get free of abundance dye.